The commitment to responsibly create enduring value lies at the heart of Sofina’s culture
Our role as a long-term shareholder and investor is to foster sustainable growth. We believe that assessing the effect of our actions and those of our portfolio companies on all dimensions of society and environment, as well as trying to have a positive impact on our communities is the foundation of any long-term sustainable value creation.
Building upon these founding principles and with the support of our controlling shareholder, we are committed to pursue our investment activity as a Responsible Investor as per the UN Principles for Responsible Investment (the “UNPRI”) definition, considering Environmental, Social and Governance (“ESG”) factors in our investment decisions and through our behaviour as a shareholder and member of numerous governing bodies. We firmly believe that a focus on ESG matters can lower risks and drive performance, whilst creating a net benefit for society. Even though we invest as a minority shareholder and therefore do not have direct control on ESG initiatives at the level of our portfolio companies or fund managers, ESG factors are considered and discussed with our partners at the time of our investment and promoted during the life of our investments through our role in the governing bodies and as a partner and shareholder.
Consistent with our commitment to act as a Responsible Investor, we adhered to the UNPRI in 2019.
These Principles urge investors to integrate ESG issues into their decision-making to better manage risk, generate sustainable and long-term returns, and benefit society.
Sofina is committed to apply the six UN Principles for Responsible Investment:
- We will incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- We will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
- We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
- We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.