Sofina is a family run and controlled investment holding company with €9bn of shareholders equity investing in Europe, US and Asia with a focus on Consumer, Digital, Education and Healthcare sector. We aspire to be the preferred partners of entrepreneurs and families who lead growing companies by backing them with patient capital and supportive advice. Sofina invests both directly in companies (early growth and mature growth) and through Private Equity funds. Sofina has a team of ~60 people with offices in Brussels, Luxembourg and Singapore.
As Accountant, you will take on the following responsibilities:
Be in charge of the day-to-day accounting of Luxembourg and Belgian entities
A to Z accounting of the Luxembourg and Belgian entities under the supervision of the senior accountant
Booking and control of daily entries (invoices, closing transactions…)
Assist with the preparation of reportings
Prepare the main tax reportings (monthly VAT, annual VAT, Net Wealth Tax, Company tax…) under the supervision of the Tax expert
Prepare annual accounts under the supervision of the senior accountant
Assist with accounting of the investment transactions
Review the investment documentation
Prepare the accounting transactions
Proceed to the booking of investment transactions under the supervision of the senior accountant
Assist with the Cash Management
Daily monitor cash balances and cash needs
Daily monitor compliance with cash management policies
Coordinate and execute necessary cash movements under the supervision of the Cash Management responsible
Assist with financial audits and other external audits
Work together with auditors and senior accountant for the preparation of the annual report
Work together with HR, Tax and legal internal experts on the preparation of materials for tax audits
Follow-up with auditors’ requests
Assist with valuation process and controls of the fund of fund activity
Booking and control of the funds portfolio’s valuations
Assist with document archiving process
Download and naming of quarterly investment documentation
Archiving of quarterly investment documentation
You are team-orientated professional with a bachelor degree in Accounting or in Finance and you
- Have at least 1 to 3 years of audit and or accounting work experience in Private Equity or any alternative funds;
- Have a very good knowledge of at least one of Lux, Belgian or FrenchGAAP; knowledge second GAAP or IFRS is a plus;
- Are fluent in English and French;
- Are an excellent communicator
- Like to work autonomously;
- Are a fast learner with a strong growth mindset;
- Demonstrate advanced excel skill; any other MS office skills is a plus.
You will join the cross-border and multidisciplinary Finance team responsible for accounting, consolidation, valuation, internal control and reporting for the Group and report to the Head of Operations.
The position is open in the Luxembourg office.
- You are welcome to join a professional, dynamic and diverse environment where you will be invited to develop yourself to the fullest of your potential.
- You will be offered a long-term professional journey anchored on value creation through individual & team growth and continuous learning.
- You will under a full-time employment contract (indefinite period) with a competitive remuneration package composed of fixed and variable pay next to an extensive benefits program including group insurance, medical care insurance, meal vouchers and some more.
Please forward your motivation letter and CV to Sofina’s Group Career’s email box: firstname.lastname@example.org