Key figures at 31 December 2022
|Total assets (in million EUR)||10,198||12,085|
|Net Asset Value (in million EUR)||9,313||11,354|
|Net Asset Value per share (in EUR(1)||279.41||337.86|
|Loan-to-value in transparency (in %)||-2.6%||-2.9%|
|Net result (share of the group) (in million EUR)||-1,872||2,593|
|Net result (share of the group) per share (in EUR)(2)||-55.85||76.99|
As a reminder, the General Meeting of Shareholders of 5 May 2022 decided to pay a gross dividend of EUR 3.128571 per share.
(1) Calculation based on the number of outstanding shares (33,332,072 shares at 31 December 2022 and 33,607,072 at 31 December 2021).
(2) Calculation based on the weighted average number of outstanding shares at closing date (33,510,733 shares at 31 December 2022 and 33,683,906 shares at 31 December 2021).
Evolution of the Net Asset Value over the last 20 years(3)
Evolution of the Net Asset Value per share over the last 20 years(3)
(3) The financial data are shown at 31 December and have been prepared under IFRS standards since the financial year ending at 31 December 2004. The Net Asset Value for financial years prior to 2004 corresponds to the estimated value of the assets at 31 December. Figures relating to 2016 and 2017 have been restated in accordance with IAS 28, §18 to ensure that the Net Asset Value for 2016 and 2017 can be compared with that of the following years as prepared under the Investment Entity status.
Evolution of the share price over the last 20 years(4) (in EUR)
(4) Data at 31 December.
Average annual return(5) (in %)
(5) Average annual growth rate calculated on the basis of the change in equity per share (NAVPS) taking into account the gross dividend per share of Sofina.
(6) MSCI ACWI Net Total Return EUR Index (NDEEWNR Index) is the benchmark used by Sofina.
(7) Euro Stoxx 50 Net Return Index EUR (SX5T Index) is also presented given its wide use in the financial markets.
Gross and net dividend per share (in EUR)
Breakdown of the portfolio in transparency by geographic region(8)
(8) Considering the country of the main or historical headquarters of the investments.
Breakdown of the portfolio in transparency between listed and unlisted investments
The 10 largest investments of Sofina Direct represent 27% of the fair value of the portfolio in transparency(9) (10)
|1. GROUPE PETIT FORESTIER|
|2. SC CHINA CO-INVESTMENT 2016-A (BYTEDANCE)|
|5. CAMBRIDGE ASSOCIATES|
|7. DRYLOCK TECHNOLOGIES|
|9. VERSE INNOVATION|
|10. MÉRIEUX NUTRISCIENCES|
(9) Listed in decreasing order of fair value as at 31 December 2022.
(10) The ranking of our Sofina Direct investments does not take into consideration indirect holdings in these entities through certain partnerships of Sofina Private Funds.
The 10 largest General Partners of Sofina Private Funds represent 25% of the fair value of the portfolio in transparency(9)
|1. SEQUOIA CAPITAL (US, CHINA & INDIA)|
|3. INSIGHT PARTNERS|
|4. BATTERY VENTURES|
|5. ICONIQ CAPITAL|
|6. THOMA BRAVO|
|7. TA ASSOCIATES|
|8. SPARK CAPITAL|
|10. ANDREESSEN HOROWITZ|