Key figures at 30 June 2023
|Total assets (in million EUR)||9,947||10,198|
|Net Asset Value (in million EUR)||9,215||9,313|
|Net Asset Value per share (in EUR)(1)||276.79||279.41|
|Loan-to-value in transparency (in %)||-1.4%||-2.6%|
|1st semester 2023||1st semester 2022|
|Net result (share of the group) (in million EUR)||14||-1,336|
|Net result (share of the group) per share (in EUR)(2)||0.42||-39.80|
As a reminder, the General Meeting of Shareholders of 4 May 2023 decided to pay a gross dividend of EUR 3.24 per share.
(1) Calculation based on the number of outstanding shares (33,290,572 shares at 30 June 2023 and 33,332,072 shares at 31 December 2022).
(2) Calculation based on the weighted average number of outstanding shares (33,330,492 shares at 30 June 2023 and 33,510,733 shares at 30 June 2022).
Evolution of the Net Asset Value over the last 20 years(3)
Evolution of the Net Asset Value per share over the last 20 years(3)
(3) Data at 31 December, except for 2023 which provides for data at 30 June. The financial data are prepared under IFRS standards since the financial year closed at 31 December 2004. Figures relating to 2016 and 2017 have been restated in accordance with IAS 28, §18 to ensure that the Net Asset Value for 2016 and 2017 can be compared with that of the following years as set up under the Investment Entity status.
Evolution of the share price over the last 20 years(4) (in EUR)
(4) Data at 31 December, except for 2023 which provides for data at 30 June.
Average annual return(5) (in %)
(5) Average annual growth rate calculated on the basis of the change in equity per share (NAVPS) taking into account the gross dividend per share of Sofina.
(6) MSCI ACWI Net Total Return EUR Index (NDEEWNR Index) is the benchmark used by Sofina.
Gross and net dividend per share (in EUR)
Breakdown of the portfolio in transparency by geographic region(7)
(7) Considering the country of the main or historical headquarters of the investments.
Breakdown of the portfolio in transparency between listed and unlisted investments
The 10 largest investments of Sofina Direct represent 27% of the fair value of the portfolio in transparency(8) (9)
|1. SC CHINA CO-INVESTMENT 2016-A (BYTEDANCE)|
|2. GROUPE PETIT FORESTIER|
|3. LERNEN MIDCO 1 (COGNITA)|
|4. CAMBRIDGE ASSOCIATES|
|5. DRYLOCK TECHNOLOGIES|
|6. NUXE INTERNATIONAL|
|8. VERSE INNOVATION|
|9. MÉRIEUX NUTRISCIENCES|
|10. SALTO SYSTEMS|
(8) Listed in decreasing order of fair value at 30 June 2023.
(9) The ranking of our Sofina Direct investments does not take into consideration indirect holdings in these entities through certain partnerships of Sofina Private Funds.
The 10 largest General Partners of Sofina Private Funds represent 24% of the fair value of the portfolio in transparency(8)
|1. SEQUOIA CAPITAL (US, CHINA & INDIA)|
|3. INSIGHT PARTNERS|
|4. BATTERY VENTURES|
|5. ICONIQ CAPITAL|
|6. THOMA BRAVO|
|7. TA ASSOCIATES|
|8. ANDREESSEN HOROWITZ|
|9. SPARK CAPITAL|